The world’s fastest growing experiential learning center for children is coming to the U.S., promising to bring unique educational experiences to American children.
Founded in 1999, KidZania has 24 locations across five continents. Each facility receives more than half a million visitors a year, making the brand one of the fastest growing global learning and entertainment attractions in the world catering to children ages 2-14. KidZania (https://kidzania.us/en/) is an interactive city combining inspiration, fun and learning through realistic role-play. Kids can independently explore a scaled indoor city of over 80,000 square feet with more than 100 exciting careers that they can try.
KidZania USA operates as a franchisee and has the rights to develop throughout the United States and Canada. With a plan to open 16-20 locations over the next ten years, KidZania USA is experiencing transformational growth and will be opening in three markets (Dallas, Chicago and NY Metro) in 2019-20.
In each location, companies sponsor landmarks and businesses to help make the experience as authentic as possible. This unique integration, embedding Industry Partners in the organic experience separates KidZania from the traditional cluttered sponsorship landscape. KidZania’s current industry partners include British Airways, Coca Cola, Mitsubishi Motors, Honda, Johnson & Johnson, Sony, Kellogg’s, H&M and Fuji Film.
The Vice President of Industry Partners will play a key role in the success of KidZania USA. They will be accountable for creating and executing the strategy to secure corporate sponsors (Industry Partners or IP) for all KidZania facilities in the United States. This will include identification and sourcing of IP’s to include research, initial contact, presentations, negotiation and closing of deals consistent with company goals. The successful candidate will provide leadership and direction to the IP department to maximize the contribution of each member and create an efficient process. They will maintain and develop relationships with existing IP’s to maximize retention rate upon expiration of initial contract, and continuously seek new business opportunities for KidZania with additional IP’s.
• Creates strategies to pursue international, national and regional companies, government institutions and nonprofit associations, that are best suited with the local business environment for partnership agreements
• Provides leadership to IP Department to achieve overall goals while developing team members to take on additional responsibility
• Creates and executes communication plan to connect with the appropriate decision maker for each identified IP
• Creates unique sales presentation for each potential Industry Partner highlighting the KidZania value proposition and identifying specific benefits for the IP
• Negotiates and secures agreements with Industry Partners, defining the concept, amount of investment and the participation proposal of the trademark inside the facility
• Ensures projects are executed through continuous and effective communication between the different departments of the Company and the Industry Partner trademarks
• Maintains collaboration with internal and external agents for successful negotiations and aligns the sale with other related KidZania areas (Content, Experience, etc.)
• Regulates applicable yearly fees, invoices and administrative account collection activities with industry partners (initial investment, yearly fees, remodeling and other revenues)
• Ensures continuous communication with each industry partner to maintain high levels of engagement throughout the contract period and maximize retention percentage
• Conducts reviews and present complementary proposals to current industry partners in order to attain additional revenue for the company
• Oversees periodic inspections of the establishments, to ensure it is in excellent operating condition and in terms of the IP agreements
• Manages the annual work plan and budget aligning it to the Company’s Objectives
• Develops new business and collaboration opportunities including marketing, social responsibility, public relations and social media, to keep commercial relationships healthy, while ensuring their longevity in KidZania
Special assignments or tasks assigned to the employee by their superior, as determined from time to time in their sole and complete discretion.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business Administration or similar is required. Master’s Degree/MBA is preferred.
• At least ten (10) years of experience in sales, marketing, business, public relations or similar, specifically in sponsorships/partnerships is required. Must have experience with promotional campaign management, and/or marketing/advertisement.
• Must have excellent communication and networking skills, both verbal and written, as well as exceptional/confident presentation skills. Must be able to have superb client relationship management with continuous follow up, negotiation and contract securing skills. Must be able to successfully work with other departments such as Finance, Legal, Operations, Marketing and Content. Ability to work quickly, network, develop relationships, be persistent but professional, multitask, develop concepts, think quickly, recognize/resolve problems and decision-making skills are a must.
• Travel of up to 50%
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand. Ability to travel by ground and or air 50% or more. Walk and stoop, kneel and crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
To apply for this job, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job title in your cover letter.