The Oakland Raiders’ rich history began in 1960 when the city of Oakland was awarded a franchise in the American Football League. In 1963, Al Davis was named the head coach and the league’s youngest ever general manager, establishing a historic culture that has remained with the Raiders to this day.
Whether it was changing the team colors to silver and black, innovating on the field with an exciting “vertical game”, or articulating the team’s values - "Pride and Poise", "Commitment to Excellence" and "Just Win, Baby" – Davis led the team to revered heights, including 15 total Division Championships, 5 total Conference Championships, 1 American Football League Championship and 3 Super Bowl Championships.
One of the most recognizable brands in professional sports, the Raiders organization is now in the midst of a transformational period. This transition brings exciting opportunities to the franchise’s future.
The Raiders are seeking a highly motivated and dynamic individual to serve as the Director of Alumni Relations. The Raiders Alumni Relations Department serves to preserve and promote the relationships between the organization, its fans, and its more than 300 alumni. The Director of Alumni Relations is a critical role, providing resources and opportunities to engage with alumni within the Raiders organization. The Director of Alumni Relations reports to the Senior Vice President, Community Relations and Public Affairs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Lead and manage Alumni Relations Department:
- Recruit, hire, manage, and develop Alumni Relations staff; manage constant change; develop a high-performance team to be diligent and transparent in their work.
- Prepare and manage annual budget and execute sound financial practices.
- Establish partnerships, collaborations, and strategic alliances that advance the mission of the Raiders organization and Alumni Relations Department.
- Work closely with Community Relations and Player Engagement Departments to create holistic partnerships and programs that make an impact.
- Work with senior leadership in Corporate Partnership, Business Development, Marketing, and Finance to develop and implement programmatic philosophies, resources, and strategies.
- Ensure the existence of a comprehensive and accurate alumni database, as well as personal information provided by alumni is handled in a professional and confidential manner.
- Establish and build relationships with a wide range of alumni; maintain regular communication with alumni via direct contact, email campaigns, events, and social media.
- Inform alumni about the Raiders mission, vision, and goals; ensure mission and goals of Alumni Relations programs are consistent and communicated within the alumni network.
- In consultation with President, curation and management of an Alumni Advisory Board.
- Develop goals, metrics, and processes for measuring performance for Alumni Relations Department programs; maintain accurate and efficient system of program reporting to reflect investment impact.
- Oversee events and programs including Alumni Weekend, networking opportunities, Raider Image signings, community and game-day appearances.
- Actively engage alumni in the planning and designing of programs, services, and events; encourage alumni to support the Raiders through their service, leadership, advocacy and philanthropy.
- Establish standard for best practices for all alumni appearances and events.
- Collaborate with the National Football League on “Legends Program” opportunities, programs, and resources.
- Establish career support services that connect Alumni with resources including professional development programs, training opportunities, and networking events.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required, advance degree preferred.
- Five years of management and experience in program implementation.
- Demonstrated ability to drive diversified, scalable and sustainable programs.
- Strong strategic planning experience; experience in translating strategies into concrete action plans; ability to balance strategy, execution, and accountability.
- A strong understanding of the professional sports business, including the importance of working with current and former professional athletes.
- Well-versed in athlete relations with the ability to understand alumni driven initiatives.
- Knowledge of Salesforce.
- Outstanding verbal, writing, presentation, time management, and organizational skills.
- Must be willing to travel and work necessary hours within the NFL schedule; must be able to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Accomplished communication skills that facilitate simultaneous outreach to a broad audience, including alumni and business executives.
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment and deliver effective turnkey solutions in a limited timeframe.
- High professional and ethical standards for handling confidential information
To apply for this job, send an email to email@example.com. Please include the job title in your cover letter.