The Oakland Raiders’ rich history began in 1960 when the city of Oakland was awarded a franchise in the American Football League. In 1963, Al Davis was named the head coach and the league’s youngest ever general manager, establishing a historic culture that has remained with the Raiders to this day.
Whether it was changing the team colors to silver and black, innovating on the field with an exciting “vertical game”, or articulating the team’s values - "Pride and Poise", "Commitment to Excellence" and "Just Win, Baby" – Davis led the team to revered heights, including 15 total Division Championships, 5 total Conference Championships, 1 American Football League Championship and 3 Super Bowl Championships.
One of the most recognizable brands in professional sports, the Raiders organization is now in the midst of a transformational period. This transition brings exciting opportunities to the franchise’s future.
The Raiders are seeking a highly motivated and dynamic individual to serve as the Director of Event Operations. The Raiders Event Operations Department is dedicated to developing event operation strategies and best practices. Reporting to the Senior Vice President of Community Relations and Public Affairs, the Director of Event Operations will manage the department’s overall operations, guide and facilitate strategic decision making, and is directly responsible for conceptualizing, developing and facilitating the implementation of projects and events.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Lead and Manage Event Operations Department:
• Recruit, hire, manage, and develop Event Operations staff in a positive and supportive manner; Manage constant change; Develop a high-performance team to be diligent and transparent in their work.
• Establish partnerships, collaborations, and strategic alliances that advance the mission of the Raiders organization and Event Operations Department.
• Work closely with senior leadership to create holistic partnerships that make an impact; Collaboratively develop and implement programming and event philosophies and strategies.
• Plan and create event timelines, work schedules, job assignments, and expectations for the Raiders Ambassador staff.
• Prepare and manage annual budget and execute sound financial practices.
• Create and manage a standard operating procedure to ensure efficiency, consistency and service excellence as a top priority for all events.
• Conduct research and evaluate catalogue information on event vendors and venues; use independent judgement to assess how to incorporate research and evaluations.
• Manage the storage and upkeep of equipment at offsite storage locations, while maintaining the functionality of such equipment and vendor-provided services.
• Serve as a representative on behalf of the organization during conference calls, site visits, and production meetings.
• Develop goals, metrics, and processes for measuring performance for Event Operations programs and events; Maintain accurate and efficient system of event reporting.
• Establish standard for best practices for all events; Lead cross-functional programs including game day, Training Camp, Raiderville, Stella Terrace, and other programs that report to the overall organization; Identify event goals and ensure maximum operational efficiency.
• Coordinate all logistics for events, including site and date selection, negotiate agreements and contracts, equipment rentals, staffing needs, and distributing detailed production notes for each event.
• Implement facility rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
• Lead and support joint efforts with clients and vendors to streamline strategic planning; Manage and coordinate sponsor activations, ensuring contractual obligations and fulfillment policies are maintained.
• Identify opportunities for process and event management improvements; Develop and enhance policies and procedures.
• Independently responsible for managing post-event evaluations with internal stakeholders, including formulating surveys and preparing reports.
• Bachelor’s degree required, advance degree preferred.
• Five years of management and relationship development experience in program and event implementation.
• Demonstrate an ability to drive diversified, scalable and sustainable events; highly refined abilities in time management, prioritization, and administration.
• Strong strategic planning experience; Experience in translating strategies into concrete action plans; Ability to balance strategy, execution, and accountability.
• A strong understanding of the professional sports business, including the importance of working with the local, national, and international partners and vendors.
• Excellent writing, presentation, and organizational skills; ability to concisely and accurately convey information in email, Excel, Word and PowerPoint programs to a variety of constituents.
• Exceptional communication skills (written, verbal and presentation) are required.
• Detailed oriented with the ability to multi-task.
• Ability to work well in a team environment; must be a team player who can take and give direction and works well in a fast-paced environment; ability to deliver effective turnkey solutions in a limited timeframe.
• Knowledge of Salesforce, Event Farm and Social Tables.
• Must be available to work extended hours including nights, weekends, and holidays.
• Must be willing to travel and work necessary hours within the NFL schedule.
To apply for this job, send an email to email@example.com. Please include the job title in your cover letter.