Circuit of The Americas (COTA) in Austin, Texas, is the home of world championships and a world-class destination for premium sports and entertainment. COTA hosts the annual FORMULA 1 UNITED STATES GRAND PRIX, which was named 2012 “Sports Event of the Year” by SportsBusiness Journal/Daily. More than one million visitors come to COTA each year for events such as MotoGP™, Advance Auto Parts SportsCar Showdown, Lone Star Le Mans, COTA Track Days, business and social functions, and more than 20 performances at the venue’s acclaimed Austin360 Amphitheater. COTA’s 1,500-acre campus includes a variety of permanent structures, including a 44,000-square foot Event Center, an impressive Main Grandstand with hospitality suites and the Velocity Lounge, a 270,000-square foot Paddock Building with 34 garages, and an iconic 25-story Observation Tower at the heart of the facility. For more information visit: www.CircuitofTheAmericas.com or click on the link below for 360 degree view of the spectator experience at the 2013 USGP: http://360photopro.com/circuit-of-the-americas/f1-race-2013/
• March – October: 20+ concerts at Austin360 Amphitheater
• April: MotoGP Red Bull Grand Prix of The Americas and Advance Auto Parts SportsCar Showdown
• September: Pirelli World Championship and Lone Star Le Mans (FIA World Endurance Championship)
• October: Formula 1 United States Grand Prix
• November: Vintage Racing
Circuit of the Americas is searching for an experienced sports industry sales executive to sell year round venue and major event corporate partnerships. The ideal candidate must be proactive and have a versatile sport and entertainment industry sales background and excel as a revenue producer monetizing new and established events. Candidate must have an understanding of venue asset selling.
• Sell year round and event based sponsorships, advertising and hospitality assets.
• Manage commercial relationships with assigned and designated event organizers.
• Develop revenue projections and overall sponsorship sales objectives.
• Work alongside Partnership Marketing team to develop sponsorship assets, business development pipelines and overall sponsorship strategy.
• Lead communication to manage and inform COTA sponsorship sales team (and external sales agencies) on inventory, strategy and approach.
• Manage the sales process from start to finish (create proposals and draft/negotiate contracts).
• Work with partnership marketing team to activate, fulfill, manage and renew accounts.
• Support other departments and ensure company vision and objectives are met.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Minimum 7 years media or sponsorship sales experience
• Skills desired: sponsorship sales, media sales, self-starter, team player, proven ability to create inventory and sell events and related inventory, coordinate and prioritize multiple projects, professional communication and people skills, creative thinker, detail oriented, positive attitude, ability to adjust and be effective within a dynamic organization. Proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
To apply for this job, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job title in your cover letter.