Born in 1991 by emerging through a shark’s mouth, Team Teal has grown into a multi-faceted organization that includes the SAP Center, the NHL San Jose Sharks, the AHL San Jose Barracuda, three Sharks Ice facilities, and the non-profit Sharks Foundation. Additionally, we plan on growing our organization through expansion in the Bay Area and surrounding communities in Northern California.
We work and play in Silicon Valley, and are deeply influenced by the technology, innovation, diversity, and commitment to excellence that surrounds us. Our culture is transforming to reflect those values, with an eye towards a pioneering, forward-thinking, and inclusive environment in sports and entertainment.
We live, work, and innovate by a set of Pioneering Principles:
T – Team success is more important than individual success
E – Exceptional experience is non-negotiable in everything we do
A – Appreciate others for their diversity and opinions
M – More risk leads to more rewards and expands our comfort zones
T – Trust that all teammates have the best intentions
E – Empower all teammates to make informed decisions
A – Always say what you really mean and do what you say
L – Lead by showing the respect to others you expect from them
We strive to unite people through a shared love of ice sports, entertainment, and our hometown. We are Teal Together; we are Team Teal.
Our corporate partners play a critical role in Team Teal’s future. We want to innovate the way we sell, service, and develop partnerships to fulfill both our partner’s and our own objectives. The Director of Corporate Partnerships will play a critical role in this vision by bringing fresh ideas and an innovative mindset to the group.
As part of the Revenue+Brand team, the Director of Corporate Partnerships will lead the sales and service efforts for our Corporate Partnerships team, building a best-in-class culture while directly leading the Partnerships Sales and Service staff. This leader will need to be an expert collaborator and relationship builder, working closely with most functional units of Team Teal to drive partnership revenue for the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directly oversee Account Managers on the New Business and Partnership Development teams.
- Cultivate and maintain a best-in-class culture rooted in our Pioneering Principles.
- Ensure regular staff CRM usage for prospect pipelines, active sales opportunities, partner touch points, and more.
- Develop and document critical departmental processes like new partner onboarding, touch point program, proposal valuation, commission and more.
- Use independent discretion to analyze staff performance, create performance improvement plans, and/or take disciplinary action when appropriate.
- Be a thought leader and subject matter expert in the San Jose community and throughout the sports and entertainment industry with a digital profile across multiple platforms.
- Develop and execute strategy to reach Partnership revenue targets via new business, upselling and renewals.
- Develop and implement sales strategies and procedures for Account Managers.
- Actively participate in the sales and renewal process with Account Managers, providing support and coaching when appropriate.
- Pioneer the future of Corporate Partnerships by actively seeking innovative partnership opportunities and staying current on industry trends.
- Prioritize partnership opportunities for the new San Jose Barracuda Arena.
- Responsible for managerial duties like revenue forecasting, expense budget adherence, pipeline management, compensation plan creation, periodic sales incentives, and staff training.
- Leverage technology to drive data-driven insights to prospective and existing partners.
- Work closely with Activation team to manage logistics and fulfillment for all elements of Partnership packages.
- Active participant of Revenue+Brand leadership team, collaborating with other Directors and VP’s on an aligned vision and strategy for Corporate Partnerships, Ticket Sales, Suites and Marketing.
- Develop close working relationships with key internal stakeholders like Marketing, Ticket Sales, Finance, Business Intelligence, Facilities and others to ensure collaboration.
- 7+ years of successful sales and service experience required with a preference for experience at a sports and entertainment property, marketing agency or brand.
- Experience developing, implementing and/or selling sponsorship packages is preferred with comfort pitching digital media, social media, entitlements, naming rights, and hospitality assets.
- 1-2 years of supervisory experience preferred; including proven hiring, training, coaching, and leadership skills.
- An excellent written and verbal communicator that is comfortable sharing ideas across functions, to different levels of the organization, and with partners.
- Knowledgeable of emerging industry trends with long-term vision for the department
- Aligned with our Pioneering Principles (above) and in particular:
- A master collaborator with a team-first mentality who can build strong interpersonal relationships.
- Willing and able to think beyond the status quo and take risks.
- A believer in creating exceptional experiences, both internal and external.
- Someone that appreciates diversity of thought and seeks different perspectives to solve problems.
- Respect for processes and trust in teammates to accomplish shared objectives.
- The ideal candidate is comfortable with technology and is digitally savvy. Experience with Microsoft Suite, a CRM system, ZoomInfo, YouGov, SponsorUnited, DigiDeck, LinkedIn Sales Navigator and other sales technology a plus.
- Strong organizational skills, time management skills and attention to detail required.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks/projects and support multiple high-level executive positions.
- It is imperative that you have the ability to work independently without supervision, be self-directed and demonstrate initiative.
- Exhibit good judgment and decision-making skills, as well as ability to manage your own time and implement your own schedule.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) or equivalent professional experience required.
- Competitive base salary and performance-based variable pay
- A robust package of health/ dental/vision benefits.
- Central office location in downtown San Jose, at the heart of Silicon Valley; extremely convenient access to CalTrain, VTA, and major freeways.
- Here at Team Teal, we recognize and celebrate that individuals come with a wealth of experience and talent well beyond any list of required skills and qualifications – in fact, we believe diversity of backgrounds and skills, combined with passion, are the most important keys to meaningful innovation and excellence. Therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.
To apply for this job, send an email to email@example.com. Please include the job title in your cover letter.