At New York City FC, we are on a mission to build this City into one of the soccer capitals of the world. The Club was announced as Major League Soccer’s 20th franchise and is the first and only MLS team located within the five boroughs of New York City.
The Club consistently finishes at the top of the Eastern Conference and qualified for the 2020 Concacaf Champions League. The games are broadcast locally through YES Network with national television coverage through ESPN, Fox and Univision. New York City FC ranks in the top five of key commercial categories for Major League Soccer franchises: season tickets, attendance, gate receipts, partnerships and retail merchandise sales. The franchise’s social media platforms are already in the top two most followed in MLS for Instagram, Twitter and Facebook. For more information, please visit: https://www.nycfc.com/
New York City FC is also one of ten clubs comprising City Football Group and counts Manchester City FC, Melbourne City FC, Yokohama F-Marinos, Girona FC, Montevideo City Torque, Sichuan Jiuniu FC, Mumbai City FC, Lommel SK and Espérance Sportive Troyes AC among its sister clubs.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Senior Director, Partnership Development, will lead the Partnerships sales team and drive commercial revenues through the acquisition of brand partnerships for New York City FC. The ideal candidate will possess strong business development skills and experience representing premium rights holders in the creation of multi-faceted sports marketing platforms.
- Manage and train high performing sales professionals.
- Meet and exceed personal and team revenue targets.
- Leverage CRM and analytical tools to ensure sustained sales team performance.
- Meet and exceed personal and team quarterly and annual revenue targets through the sale of new integrated partnerships.
- Work closely with VP of Partnerships to develop go-to-market strategy for priority Club assets and marketing platforms.
- Generate qualified leads and maintain a continuous pipeline of prospects through a strong network of contacts and by maximizing outbound calls, face-to-face meetings, in-game entertaining and other networking opportunities.
- Create and deliver polished and compelling presentations to prospects, representing the New York City FC brand in a way that befits its ambition and class.
- Work closely with the Business Intelligence team and other departments to secure the data and insights necessary to make informed recommendations and decisions during the sales process.
- Oversee and participate in the structuring of complex rights packages to meet partner objectives and lead the negotiation of long-form agreements.
- Develop and maintain a relationship of trust and respect with key internal stakeholders within New York City FC and City Football Group to ensure effective and efficient procurement of new partners.
- Proven track record of representing premium rights holders to deliver material revenue growth.
- Structured approach to lead generation and the ability to impart such process on the sales team.
- Broad commercial acumen and sophisticated presentation skills.
- Creative approach to sales and steadfast determination through the sales cycle.
- Ability to navigate complex negotiations and close partnership deals.
- Flexible and comfortable in a fast-paced working environment and hours.
- Fluency in a second language preferred but not required.
- Ability to travel approximately 20% of the time.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or related field required; Master’s degree preferred.
- At least seven years of experience in property sales and long-range planning required.
- Steady career advancement gaining expanded scope and responsibility over time, including direct oversight and management of sales teams.
- Familiarity with sports sponsorship contracts and impactful partnership activations
To apply for this job, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job title in your cover letter.