The National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing (NASCAR) is the sanctioning body for the No. 1 form of motorsports in the United States and owner of 16 of the nation’s major motorsports entertainment facilities. NASCAR consists of three national series (NASCAR Cup Series™, NASCAR Xfinity Series™, and NASCAR Gander RV & Outdoors Truck Series™), four regional series (ARCA Menards Series, ARCA Menards Series East & West and the NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour), one local grassroots series and three international series. The International Motor Sports Association™ (IMSA®) governs the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship™, the premier U.S. sports car series. NASCAR also owns Motor Racing Network, Racing Electronics, Americrown Service and ONE DAYTONA. Based in Daytona Beach, Florida, with offices in eight cities across North America, NASCAR sanctions more than 1,200 races in more than 30 U.S. states, Canada, Mexico and Europe. For more information visit www.NASCAR.com and www.IMSA.com, and follow NASCAR on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat (‘NASCAR’).
As stewards of the sport, the NASCAR vision is to deliver the best motorsports racing in the world, provide outstanding entertainment experiences, and continue to build a globally diverse community of loyal fans. We are committed to excellence - passionately motivated to be the best at everything we do. We are fiercely competitive, relentless and resilient. We refuse to be satisfied with mediocrity. We are intensely focused on being the best racing organization in the world and, through unwavering teamwork, will work tirelessly to achieve that goal.
NASCAR is seeking a Director of National Partnership Sales to work from the Daytona Beach, FL world headquarters or Charlotte, NC corporate office. This role will generate revenue through the sale of major marketing partnerships and serve as a trusted representative for one of the most powerful and influential sports organizations in the world.
The Director of National Partnership Sales role is the right opportunity for strategic thinkers with an innate entrepreneurial spirit. Someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment, can conceptualize and effectively communicate big ideas, has strong research, written, and organizational skills, and who wants to work collaboratively to sell across multiple sponsorship mediums, including intellectual property, television, radio, signage, digital/social, online, print, events and promotions. This is a strictly sales position that is responsible for achieving measurable financial results.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for establishing new marketing partnerships with top brands to achieve annual revenue goals
- Build, develop and track a robust new revenue pipeline and present to senior leadership as requested
- Analyze specific marketing needs of prospects based on partner objectives, market strategies, category, activation potential and financials
- Create innovative strategic partnership programs that exceed partners’ expectations and brand goals, aiming for integrated packages encompassing multiple sponsorship mediums
- Secure meetings with senior level decision makers that incorporate a clear understanding of the prospective partner's marketing and business objectives
- Work closely with NASCAR Partnership Marketing team to ensure clients receive a superior level of customer service and activation of their partnership
- Travel required. Must be able to manage business while traveling for work, including attending local, regional and national racing events as well as traveling for meetings, conferences and sales calls as needed
- Manage complex negotiations with credibility while incorporating multiple perspectives including legal, financial and business implications
- Other related duties as may be assigned
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university or the equivalent training & experience
- 5+ years of sales experience with an emphasis in professional league or governing body, major league sports team, media (TV, Radio) and/or entertainment sponsorship sales
- Proven success in exceeding challenging sales objectives by developing highly strategic corporate partnerships in a competitive marketplace
- Strong understanding of the practices and principles related to sales process and execution of corporate partnerships including prospecting, analytical, presentation, time management and organizational skills
- A self-motivated leader with a high level of initiative, inner drive and attention to detail that is adept at working both independently and as part of a team
- Passionate, curious, proactive, and creative with an internal drive for professional development
To apply for this job, send an email to email@example.com. Please include the job title in your cover letter.