About USA Swimming:
USA Swimming is the National Governing Body for the sport of swimming in the United States. As a 400,000+ member service organization that administers competitive swimming in accordance with the Olympic & Amateur Sports Act, USA Swimming promotes the culture of swimming by creating opportunities for swimmers and coaches of all backgrounds through services, events and education. Our membership is comprised of swimmers from the age group level to the Olympic Team, as well as coaches and volunteers. For more information, please visit www.usaswimming.org.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Value
USA Swimming is committed to a culture of inclusion and opportunity. We strive to create equity by providing resources specific to the needs of our members. In the context of swimming, diversity is the invitation to our sport, equity is ensuring all members have what they need to be successful and inclusion is making sure our sport is welcoming.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion is critical to achieving the mission of USA Swimming and is an important and necessary step to achieving our four end goals:
- Achievement of sustained competitive success at the Olympic Games
- Members have resources to sustain successful athletes, coaches, and clubs
- Support public engagement for growth in swimming participation and interest
- USA Swimming recognized as Best in Class
This role will be an organizational leader responsible for enhancing the development of a vision and strategy to diversify USA Swimming membership, ensure equitable practices throughout the sport, and to support and collaborate DEI education offered and delivered through the USA Swimming University. In partnership with the leadership team, the Director, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, will provide consultation to all facets of the organization, including headquarters staff and the USA Swimming membership. The main focus of this position will be on creating and implementing strategic initiatives to help drive DEI priorities with new members, program partners and the swimming community.
- Work closely with all levels of USA Swimming staff to formulate, recommend and implement an approved DEI strategic plan, to include objectives, policies and expected practices.
- Collaborate with USA Swimming University team to determine and recommend specific practices necessary to establish and maintain a positive and inclusive environment.
- Articulate the DEI objectives of the organization and establish appropriate benchmarks and key performance indicators for programs.
- Act as staff lead to USA Swimming DEI Council.
- Collaborate with USA Swimming Learn to Swim and Community Swim Program initiatives to ensure that the programs promote diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Manage intake and processing of DEI-related Code of Conduct reports.
- Create new and support existing partnerships with key stakeholders to further the organization’s DEI goals and objectives.
- Assist the USA Swimming Strategy Team and USA Swimming Foundation staff to identify potential donors, funding sources and strategies for expanding and sustaining programming.
- Provide membership demographics information to the USOPC annually for the Diversity Scorecard Report.
- Collaborate with the Human Resources to identify policies and processes of recruitment with the goal of attracting diverse talent.
- Candidates for the Director, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, role must possess relevant experience and practice in a leadership role with emphasis on DEI strategies.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s degree preferred).
- Demonstrated and consistent track record designing, implementing and measuring DEI programs with diverse populations and ability to lead strategic DEI initiatives.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, and to exercise discretion and good judgment.
- Ability to balance priorities in order to best focus on key organizational initiatives and meet deadlines.
- Ability to effectively multi-task, manage time sensitive documents and have exceptional organizational skills.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to engage and work effectively with senior staff, volunteers and members.
- Strong professional presence in representing USA Swimming internally and externally.
To apply for this job, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job title in your cover letter.