The Director of Partnership Marketing & Activation will oversee select partner-related activities including activation and execution of all service-related requirements for contractually obligated sponsorship elements and media assets. This position will build strong relationships with a large portfolio of clients and lead staff in the renewal and retention of sponsors. This role is expected to lead the delivery of a first-class 365-day service approach. This position must also have a thorough understanding of all aspects of the Corporate Partnership department’s overall operations, including (but not limited to) special event planning, community programs, signage management, marketing, media management, and executing/capturing case studies and best in class examples.
Essential Functions (including, but not limited to):
The Director of Partnership Marketing & Activation position will have daily responsibilities including, without limitation, the following:
• Manage our sponsorship inventory, including the tracking/updating of all inventory, adding new inventory when applicable, communicating updates to the team weekly/monthly
• Ownership of the touchpoint management schedule to ensure all Activation & Service team members are facilitating all their client touchpoints on a timely basis
• Influence renewal process and responsibility to internal relationships in delivering 365 service platform
• Participate in integrated meetings to enhance asset ideation and relay information to team.
• Engage in activity with team to complete contract deliverables and best practices
• Assist in the management of seasonal interns, including annual review of job description, interviewing, on-boarding and tracking of goals and responsibilities.
• Maintain day to day relationships between partners and internal departments
• Work with partners to identify measurable business objectives specific to their goals
• Co-develop and execute partnership activation plans that most effectively leverage our assets and capabilities, builds our partners’ business and delivers on objectives
• Manage contract process with coordinators and full execution of contracts
• Entertaining and hosting high-level corporate executives
• Manage his/her clients CRM entries to ensure information is accurate, deliverables are tracked and fulfilled, and account information is up to date always
• Track all account inventory across all mediums, including in-stadium, print, radio, television, digital and game-day activation, while providing continual status-updates to the Partnership sales team
• Attend client meetings and assist in presenting corporate sponsorships sales proposals
• Accountability and influence in renewals, upgrades and revenue development
• Work collaboratively to develop new sellable marketing, community, NFL initiatives and digital platforms our sales team can use to monetize business
• Manage the end of season recap process, which includes the preparation of partner recaps and presenting them to our partners
• Guide the renewal process in conjunction with the sales team to ensure high retention rates while maximizing our partner’s investment dollars
• Game-day responsibilities include activation setup, entertaining clients and fulfilling sponsorship contract obligations
• Event planning, production, and execution for partner-sponsored events and/or meetings
• Work with NFL sponsorship colleagues sharing ideas and industry news
• Assist in incorporating appropriate market data market research into sponsorship proposals and partner recaps
• Natural ability to develop a strong rapport and establish long-term relationships with both clients and co-workers
• Will accept other responsibilities and duties required by the supervisor consistent with the objectives and essential functions of this position. Such responsibilities shall be incorporated into the position description if they are ongoing.
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Minimum 5 years of successful sponsorship fulfillment experience with a major league professional sports team or high-profile entertainment entity, while working in a competitive sales environment
• Experience formulating marketing plans and promotions from development to execution
• Minimum computer aptitude required: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
• Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Able to work extended hours including games and events in the evening and on weekends
• Demonstrates an ability to work independently and to be self-motivated
• Exceptional problem solving and multi-tasking skills
• Comfortable working in a sales environment and having basic negotiation discussions
• Attention to detail and ability to thrive in a deadline driven environment
• A valid Driver’s License and a good driving record
To apply for this job, send an email to email@example.com. Please include the job title in your cover letter.