The Oakland Raiders’ rich history began in 1960 when the city of Oakland was awarded a franchise in the American Football League. In 1963, Al Davis was named the head coach and the league’s youngest ever general manager, establishing a historic culture that has remained with the Raiders to this day.
Whether it was changing the team colors to silver and black, innovating on the field with an exciting “vertical game”, or articulating the team’s values - "Pride and Poise", "Commitment to Excellence" and "Just Win, Baby" – Davis led the team to revered heights, including 15 total Division Championships, 5 total Conference Championships, 1 American Football League Championship and 3 Super Bowl Championships.
One of the most recognizable brands in professional sports, the Raiders organization is now in the midst of a transformational period. This transition brings exciting opportunities to the franchise’s future.
The Senior Manager of Corporate Partnerships Activation is responsible for the planning, execution, and day-to-day management of all aspects surrounding detailed sponsorship agreements. The Senior Manager will act as the liaison between multiple founding partners and/or their agencies and internal departments of the Raiders organization.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide structure, process, and oversight for flawless client service, including execution of promised deliverables, evaluation of up-sell opportunities, relationship building and entertaining.
- Provide weekly and monthly progress reports, suggesting value added enhancements to the partners.
- Serve on the Corporate Partnerships management team, helping to make strategic recommendations.
- Collaborate closely with members of the Corporate Partnerships sales team, events team, marketing, community relations, PR and other relevant departments to ensure high level of collaboration amongst all teams to maximize revenue opportunities and client satisfaction alike.
- Manage and develop the Corporate Partnerships team to success in their roles as service-minded marketers that deliver on-brand integration, while creating unique, fan engaging spaces.
- Forecast, create, and maintain budgets for all identified expenses within the department (e.g. client activation costs).
- Build strong rapport and working relationships with corporate partners, including stakeholders of varying levels.
- Establish and maintain working knowledge of individual corporate partner goals and objectives to achieve successful implementation of contractual assets as well as opportunities to deliver additional value and/or upsell.
- Act as the primary liaison between key sponsors and the Raiders organization to facilitate execution of sponsorship agreements.
- Collaborate with sales colleagues to ensure a full understanding of client activation objectives and strategic priorities.
- Coordinate with internal departments, Las Vegas Stadium, and any 3rd party companies to properly execute contractual activation assets received by sponsors.
- Manage aspects of activation asset execution pertaining to corporate partners, including but not limited to activation rights, stadium signage exposure, game day and inmarket activation, television/radio/internet/print media, hospitality, and special events.
- Maintain detailed planning records using CRM/KORE system.
- Present detailed reporting on sponsorship execution, including affidavits, photographs, and program summaries.
- Manage ongoing client engagement through meetings, conference calls, and written correspondence.
- Coordinate special events for client accounts, managing from planning to execution of these events.
- Maintain awareness of sponsorship/market trends and knowledge relative to what The Raiders corporate partners and their like competitors are executing in other markets and/or professional leagues.
- Maintain thorough communication with Senior Director of Corporate Partnerships Activation regarding all sponsor account activity.
- Lead and manage coordinator(s) and/or manager(s).
- Travel as required (up to 10%).
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Sports Administration, Activation, Communications, Marketing or a related area of study.
- 6 + years’ experience in a sponsorship role in professional sports.
- Experience managing execution of top tier sponsorship accounts.
- Experience managing staff.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with ability to communicate effectively at all levels both internally and externally.
- Ability to simultaneously manage a high level of detail across multiple clients and projects.
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility and quickly adapt to changes while maintaining high levels of productivity and effectiveness under pressure.
- Ability to work well within a team environment, offering assistance and support to team members whenever necessary.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to balance internal priorities with client expectations.
- Must be flexible regarding work hours including nights, weekends, and holidays.
To apply for this job, send an email to email@example.com. Please include the job title in your cover letter.