The San Jose Earthquakes are one of the storied franchises in North American soccer history. Debuting in the NASL in 1974, the Club represents a region rich in soccer tradition. With the opening of Avaya Stadium in 2015, the San Jose Earthquakes build on their championship history to usher in a new era of Major League Soccer in the Bay Area.
The club is recruiting a key role, Director of Sponsorship Sales.
Job Description & Duties:
• Oversee Sponsorship Sales full time staff, providing leadership and career development opportunities
• Develop best in class system to bring in new San Jose Earthquakes & Avaya Stadium Corporate Partners
• Achieve team revenue targets as set forth by Executive Team
• Assist VP, Sponsorship in developing go to market plan, rate card pricing, target prospect lists, and other sponsorship sales functions as directed
• Work in conjunction with the Partnership Marketing team to manage the timely, accurate and thorough handoff of partnership agreements
• Perform proactive outbound sales calls with a focus on Founding Partners and Jersey Partners
• Create, present, and sell through customized partnership packages in line with client goals & objectives
• Look to maximize revenue to the organization through new partner acquisition
• Assist and participate when called upon for other department/organizational activities and events
• Participate in CRM and lead tracking activities as directed
• Participate in weekly meetings related to new inventory, proposals, and fulfillment
• Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred
• A minimum of five years working in sponsorship, fundraising, or related field
• Proven track record of high level, high revenue sales success
• Experience developing partnerships with technology companies highly desired
• Strategic thinker who has the ability to negotiate complex agreements
• Ambitious individual with high career aspirations within the sports industry
• Personable team-player who believes in the mission and values of the San Jose Earthquakes and Major League Soccer
To apply for this job, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job title in your cover letter.