As part of Sounders FC’s commitment to consistently maximizing partnership revenue in a sustainable manner that is in alignment with the club’s vision, values, and objectives, the Director, Corporate Partnership Sales will lead a cohesive team of approximately three sales managers and one sales operations manager toward meeting and exceeding annual qualitative and quantitative department goals. This leader is expected to drive continued revenue growth for the club through individual partnership sales, directly managing partnership sales managers, and further developing and fostering a robust sales culture.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the Corporate Partnerships team toward meeting and exceeding annual revenue goals while upholding the department vision of maximizing partnership revenue in a sustainable manner that is in alignment with the club’s vision, values, and objectives
- Develop and execute a viable comprehensive sales strategy to meet short-term and long-term department revenue goals
- Further develop and foster a vibrant sales culture focused both on new partner acquisition and existing partner revenue growth through teamwork, the partnership-building process, and effective communication
- Demonstrate a superior understanding of corporate partnership fundamentals such as category knowledge, prospecting, proposal development, inventory management and activation
- Prospect, develop, and close new partnership revenue in order to meet and exceed individual new revenue, retention, and expense management goals thereby contributing to departmental budget goals
- Work collaboratively alongside other Sounders FC departments to develop impactful sales strategy and marketing campaigns that deliver on partner objectives
- Work collaboratively alongside the partnership marketing team to assist in developing and executing a meaningful activation plan that will exceed partner expectations and positively impact retention rates
- Work collaboratively alongside sales operations efforts to further improve partnership category knowledge, proposal development, inventory management, and technology deployment
- Lead interdepartmental collaboration efforts to identify, develop, and execute new partnership inventory for potential new and existing partners alike
- Consult on department operations including revenue and expense budget formulation, capital expenditures, and financial reporting
- Serve as a department liaison with MLS league officials on issues regarding Commercial Guidelines and other league rules and regulations
- Serve as an outstanding ambassador of the club in the Seattle community
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Exceptional communication skills with subordinates, peers, supervisors, and partners alike
- Exceptional critical-thinking and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of accepted partnership activation and broadcast media metrics
- Excellent presentation skills and ease of public speaking
- Ability to think strategically, including assessing of long-term implications of current choices and decisions
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university
- Minimum of five years of successful, comparable experience in any of the following industries: sponsorships, sports/event marketing, media sales
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to prioritize a multitude of duties, adjusting to constant change and alterations •
- Adapt to extended work hours in excess of the standard (40) per week
- Attend all Seattle Sounders FC home matches
- Be available for road travel – business trips, MLS meetings, road matches – as needed
Equal Employment Opportunity
Seattle Sounders FC strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
To apply for this job, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job title in your cover letter.