In late 2012, Triple-A Baseball became a reality in El Paso when Minor League Baseball (MiLB) and the Pacific Coast League (PCL) approved the acquisition of the Tucson Padres by MountainStar Sports Group (MSSG). The franchise started playing games in their new $78 million downtown, state-of-the-art ballpark, designed by Populous, in 2014. El Paso is one of only 30 Triple-A cities in the nation, and only the second in Texas to have a Triple-A minor league team. Round Rock, near Austin, is home to the Express team. MSSG has now launched a United Soccer League Championship franchise, which began play in 2019. El Paso is a city where football and futbol are pronounced exactly the same; where sports transcend international boundaries. Soccer is “the” game of this bi-national, bi-cultural Borderplex region.
Located in far west Texas and on the border with Mexico, El Paso is home to more than 850,000 people making it the 22nd largest city in the United States. El Paso is recognized as one of America's Best-Performing Cities and also one of the Happiest Cities to Work. El Paso is America's Safest City (according to CQ Press) for cities with a population over five hundred thousand. In 2012 residents overwhelmingly approved nearly $500 million in “Quality of Life” bonds to fund improvements, venues, and cultural facilities in their community over the course of the next few years. The weather, with more than 300 days of sunshine each year, is perfect for any outdoor lover. The City offers a variety of parks and recreation activities, outdoor music concerts and cultural events.
MountainStar Sports Group is owned by local and regional business leaders and philanthropists, Woody Hunt, Paul Foster, Josh Hunt, and Alejandra de la Vega Foster. Collectively, Paul and Alejandra Foster and the Hunt family have historically demonstrated an unwavering commitment to the Paso del Norte region. They have dedicated time, leadership, and financial resources to help El Paso and Juarez thrive and become more vibrant. In their vision, like Triple-A Baseball has, the El Paso Locomotive play a prominent role in helping El Paso reach a higher level of vitality and economic competitiveness, as well as improve the quality of life in the region. Their objective is to make sure “El Paso’s Team” is an outstanding community asset.
The Director of Ticket Sales plays a crucial role in the success of the franchise. They will be responsible for leading the ticket sales department, and the generation of revenue through the sale of season tickets, group tickets and other hospitality products. This key position is responsible for hiring, training and managing all ticket sales and service staff. Additionally, the Director of Ticket Sales will handle all customer relationship management for all ticket products.
Essential Job Functions
- Create, in tandem with the President and GM, all ticket sales inventory packages.
- Create group sales catalog on a yearly basis.
- Identify customers and create leads for sales staff.
- Sell ticket sales packages as an individual contributor.
- Work with Ticket Operations to regularly obtain and update certain sales reports and renewal tracking for review by senior management.
- Provide additional analytics and sales information as requested by senior management.
- Maximize ticket sales through the use, and appreciation for, data and analytics.
- Provide outstanding customer service to new and existing season ticket accounts by creating programs to engage with the accounts during the game, provide business program amenities, and making phone calls during the season and off-season to ensure consistent personalized contact.
- Work with the Director of Corporate Sales to develop new sponsor relationships related to tickets.
- Develop and manage ticket sales department budget.
- Responsible to manage the database and CRM system, and to ensure ticket sales staff uses the technology per company policy.
- Supervise and direct all sales staff handling the following:
- Setting appointments over the phone with customers and company decision-makers and tailoring ticket packages according to the company’s needs.
- Selling and renewing season seat and group accounts.
- Contacting group leaders through the database and through new leads to develop new group sales.
- Provide training to Account Executives as outlined by senior management in ticket sales strategies.
- Oversee the hiring of sales interns and sales staff.
- Responsible for creating a productive sales culture where Account Executives are held accountable for goals, perform and enjoy their workplace.
- Develop and manage the individual compensation plan.
- Assist with sales strategy, pricing, and management of Special Events (e.g., concerts, and other sporting events).
We will not consider any applicants without sports team sales management experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field required.
- Candidate must have 2 years minimum ticket sales management experience with a proven track record of both management and individual sales success.
- Previous experience managing and training staff required.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong sales and managerial instincts and the ability to learn from others.
- Strong computer and analytical skills, including experience with Microsoft Excel.
- Solid organizational and time management skills.
- The ability to work long hours, including weekends, and holidays as necessary.
- The ability to lead others to high-performance of their job functions while teaching them the why’s and how’s.
- Recruiting and hiring experience is necessary.
- Experience developing junior-level team players a must.
- Exceptional customer service skills required.
- Strong analytical skills
To apply for this job, send an email to email@example.com. Please include the job title in your cover letter.