Nashville is America’s “It City” and a soccer city on the rise. From the CONCACAF Gold Cup to FIFA World Cup qualifying, Nashville is becoming a destination for the nation’s most prominent soccer games. Music City’s local team, Nashville Soccer Club (the “Club”), is coming off one of the most successful inaugural professional seasons, as the organization set league records in corporate partners, season tickets and even advanced to the playoffs as a first-year team. Now, the club is ready for its next step, Major League Soccer. Nashville SC will transition into MLS in 2020 as its fan base continues to expand, and is recruiting a Vice President, Corporate Partnerships to strengthen the club as it prepares for MLS.
The Vice President, Corporate Partnerships will help the Club secure, renew and manage long-term, customized and meaningful corporate partnerships with leading brands. This position will lead the Club’s Partnerships Department and oversee all aspects of the organization’s relationships with its corporate partners, from partner acquisition to fulfilling existing commitments. To be successful, the candidate must be a creative, passionate and results oriented sales professional with the ability to create and build partner relationships at the executive and board level and communicate sophisticated commercial concepts from the client’s perspective.
The Vice President, Corporate Partnerships must also be a committed manager who is focused on the development and success of the members of his/her team. As a key brand ambassador, the candidate will be expected to embody the Club’s culture and core values at all times. This position will report to the Chief Revenue Officer.
- Build and execute a strategic plan to grow corporate partnership revenue from new and existing relationships
- Identify and establish new streams of partnership revenue and develop relationships necessary for success
- Develop an asset database/inventory that maximizes aggregate value and delineates between partnership tiers
- Establish and manage processes for managing the sales/deal pipeline the prioritizes efficiency and accountability
- Exhibit a partner-focused approach to finding solutions and consummating transactions
- Effectively communicate the value proposition to partners by utilizing technology, metrics and analytics that are aligned with their financial objectives
- Develop and maintain an understanding of the competitive marketplace and relevant industry trends
- Create and manage process for measuring and tracking key performance indicators for business development activities and existing accounts
- Oversee the development of sales presentations and other marketing collateral
- Deliver account management, service and support to fulfill partner contractual obligations
- Collaborate with existing partners to develop and deliver new and creative platforms and activation programs
- Build, manage and retain an enthusiastic and effective team of talented individuals who are committed to working together to achieve results
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA preferred
- At least eight (8) years in a business development or sales role, with experience building and leading a sales staff strongly preferred
- Solution-based sales experience focused on metrics and ROI
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills and experience presenting to senior executives
- Existing network of contacts at brands and agencies
- Strong leadership, management and organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
- Passion for soccer and the community
- Track record of providing exceptional customer service
- Prior experience with a sports organization is preferred but not required
- Flexible schedule that permits work on evenings, weekends and holidays
To apply for this job, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job title in your cover letter.