The Oakland Raiders’ rich history began in 1960 when the city of Oakland was awarded a franchise in the American Football League. In 1963, Al Davis was named the head coach and the league’s youngest ever general manager, establishing a historic culture that has remained with the Raiders to this day.
Whether it was changing the team colors to silver and black, innovating on the field with an exciting “vertical game”, or articulating the team’s values - "Pride and Poise", "Commitment to Excellence" and "Just Win, Baby" – Davis led the team to revered heights, including 15 total Division Championships, 5 total Conference Championships, 1 American Football League Championship and 3 Super Bowl Championships.
One of the most recognizable brands in professional sports, the Raiders organization is now in the midst of a transformational period. This transition brings exciting opportunities to the franchise’s future.
The Director of Corporate Partnership Activation is responsible for the strategic planning, implementation, execution and overall management of Raiders & Las Vegas Stadium corporate partners through the Corporate Partnership Activation team. Reporting directly to the Vice President of Corporate Partnership Sales & Activation, the Director will be responsible for the overall execution of a departmental plan that delivers on established client goals and objectives, as well as internal benchmarks. The Director will build the Corporate Partnership Activation team of a size and scale similar to other professional sports teams.
- Provides structure, process and oversight for flawless client service, including execution of promised deliverables, evaluation of up-sell opportunities, relationship building and entertaining, providing weekly and monthly progress reports, suggesting value added enhancements to the partners
- Serve on the Corporate Partnerships management team, helping to make strategic recommendations
- Collaborate closely with members of the Corporate Partnership Sales team, events team, marketing, community relations, PR and other relevant departments to ensure high level of collaboration amongst all teams to maximize revenue opportunities and client satisfaction alike
- Manage and develop the Corporate Partnership Service team to success in their roles as service-minded marketers that deliver on-brand integration, while creating unique, fan engaging spaces
- Accountable for both forecasting and maintaining all expenses within identified budgets (e.g. client activation costs)
- Build strong rapport and working relationships with Corporate Partners, including stakeholders of varying levels
- Establish and maintain working knowledge of individual Corporate Partner goals/objectives to achieve successful implementation of contractual assets as well as opportunities to deliver additional value and/or upsell
- Actively participate in client presentations, meetings, and conference calls
- Represent the Raiders & Las Vegas Stadium at Corporate Partner events and functions
- Acquire and demonstrate a working knowledge of the NFL rules and policies, especially in the areas of intellectual property, restricted categories, and emerging media
- Remain current on best practices in the sports industry and apply those best practices to ensure sponsor success
- Act as primary internal liaison for Corporate Partner contract/relationship questions
- Demonstrate complete knowledge, understanding and management of all sponsorship/marketing inventory across all related entities
- Act as liaison with senior members of the Raiders, Legends, CAA ICON, Mortenson McCarthy, and other construction project team members to ensure coordination of procurement assets and business opportunities
- Manage the process for execution of sponsorship activation programs that maximize value for each partner while creating internal efficiencies
- Lead the process for development of creative and compelling activation programs for sponsors who do not have internal resources to support the partnership
- Work closely with internal department leaders in the following areas to ensure strong communication and collaboration relating to sponsorship objectives and deliverables: game entertainment, brand, digital, social and traditional media, ticketing, community relations, cheerleading, stadium operations/security/parking, IT, tours, catered events
- Provide leadership and direction for Corporate Partnership hospitality-related events such as annual golf tournaments, sponsor summit, training camp, away game trips, and more
MEASUREMENTS OF SUCCESS:
- Fulfill all sponsorship obligations on behalf of the Raiders & Las Vegas Stadium
- Maximize the value of each partnership as determined by the partner based on their KPIs
- Renewal of annual sponsorship dollars at a rate of 90% or more
- Assist Corporate Partner Sales with additional revenue generation through expansion of existing deals or new activation platforms
- Demonstrate continued expertise in the development of sponsorship platforms and promotional concepts to support sales team in meeting annual revenue goals
- Ability to effectively engage with c-level executives
- Reinforce positive “team” culture within Corporate Partnership department • Demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills • Act as a team player and leader
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or communications
- Minimum of five (5) years of people management experience
- Minimum of seven (7) years of successful experience in sports or brand marketing
- Experience in an activation or service role with an NFL organization or NFL sponsor(s) is strongly preferred
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience and success in developing/building relationships with a creative and consultative approach
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize goals
- Ability to work frequent evenings and weekends, as dictated by team and client functions and programs
- Ability to travel, estimated at twenty-five (25%) percent
- Passion for the sports industry
To apply for this job, send an email to email@example.com. Please include the job title in your cover letter.