Nashville is America’s “It City” and a soccer city on the rise. From the CONCACAF Gold Cup to FIFA World Cup qualifying, Nashville is becoming a destination for the nation’s most prominent soccer games. Music City’s local team, Nashville Soccer Club, just finished one of the most successful inaugural professional seasons, as the organization set league records in corporate partners, season tickets and even advanced to the playoffs as a first-year team. Now, the club is ready for its next step, Major League Soccer. Nashville SC will transition into MLS in 2020 as its fan base continues to expand and is looking for a Director of Ticket Sales to strengthen the club as it prepares for MLS.
The Director of Ticket Sales will play a crucial role in the success of the franchise. The position oversees the new season ticket sales and group ticket sales departments. The successful candidate will be a dedicated sales leader with the organizational skills and strong work ethic to build the season ticket base and group business for the inaugural year in MLS and beyond, while also growing the USL business in the final year in that league.
- Recruit, hire, train and manage an eventual team of 18 Sales Representatives, Account Executives and Managers.
- Work closely with the VP, Ticket Sales & Services to manage departmental sales efforts. This will entail establishing and monitoring sales goals, the activities required to achieve those, and ensuring the staff has appropriate training and guidance.
- Prepare and deliver sales reports for the VP, Ticket Sales & Services and team leadership.
- Responsible for fostering a positive sales culture where the ticket sales team is held accountable for goals, perform, and enjoy their workplace.
- Initially maintain and grow USL season and group sales base through the transition to MLS/Nissan Stadium.
- Grow the prospect list for new sales opportunities.
- Deliver outstanding customer service throughout the sales process.
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure organizational synergy and to optimize cross-selling opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, preferably marketing or business-centric.
- Minimum of 5 years ticket sales experience in sports or live events.
- Experience managing a sales team.
- Verifiable track record of regularly achieving team ticket sales goals.
- Maximize ticket sales through the use, and appreciation for, data and analytics.
- The ability to lead others to high-performance of their job functions through regular and ongoing training, on the floor coaching, and motivation.
- Able to work long hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays as necessary.
- Experience opening a new stadium is preferred.
- Experience with Ticketmaster, AXS or Seat Geek, and Salesforce/KORE a plus.
To apply for this job, send an email to email@example.com. Please include the job title in your cover letter.