The Executive Director of Corporate Partnerships will create and deploy strategies to acquire, develop, and retain corporate sponsors, advertisers, and business partners as part of an effort to generate new and sustain existing revenue streams that support the Detroit Lions’ business objectives. The leadership position with be responsible for direct sales as well as training and developing a best-in-class sale & activation team. The candidate will work with various departments to build assets and programs with an analytical approach to demonstrate the value proposition of a partnership. This role will develop overall sales strategies that align with key partners and enhance retention, new business acquisition, and revenue optimization objectives. The position will identify new opportunities to strengthen and evolve the global platform and deliver qualitative and quantitative enhancements to ensure sustainable growth opportunities.
The Executive Director of Corporate Partnerships position will have daily responsibilities including, without limitation, the following:
• Leadership role within the Corporate Partnership Department focused on B2B relationships to sell full menu assets and optimize revenue.
• Responsible for sourcing corporate investment opportunities nationally and locally.
• Oversee new business acquisition sales and activation team.
• Meet or exceed established revenue and prospecting goals and provide reports on achievement levels.
• Assist in developing an engagement platform to retain existing relationships and generate new business.
• Influence, develop and implement strategic goals, commission structures and other incentive programs that motivate staff to achieve revenue objectives.
• Assist in innovating unique programs within the partnership investment categories to enhance year-round engagement and define investment level status.
• Assist in developing asset guidelines & standards.
• Standardize Partner Experience & Engagement Programs.
• Manage fiscal budget for departmental revenues and expenses.
• Participant of Integrated Sales & Marketing committee to enhance asset ideation and contribution from concept to deployment.
• Collaborate with internal departments (marketing, ticketing, broadcast, digital, community relations, youth football, events, etc.) to develop and execute assets to support organizational programs.
• Work in conjunction with Business Strategy & Analytics, Marketing, and all critical departments to develop compelling presentations that include measurable elements.
• Contribute to pre and post-sale market research and analysis to assure a quantifiable return on investment and alignment of brands.
• Research prospect brands and their competitors to identify opportunities and solution-based programs.
• Create and manage high-value, fully-integrated advertising and sponsorship packages that are in line with the partner’s marketing objectives.
• Participate in the development, ideation, evolution, implementation, and fulfillment of service and activation platform.
• Manage and sell NFL Corporate Sponsors and work with NFL Business Development colleagues to maximize partner investment levels.
• Creation and execution of real-time fan engagement platform components to take to market.
• Identify new ROO/ROI platform opportunities to improve long-term loyalty and affinity to the brand.
• Identify best practices internally and from around the NFL to enhance business performance.
• Coordinate with internal teams to assure contract execution, set up survey plans/processes and measure results to enhance future efforts.
• Assist in the coordination of marketing support and communication between partners and the activation team.
• Analyze the marketplace to assist management in product mix and pricing decisions.
• Execute meetings, calls, and presentations with high-level corporate executives.
• Develop staff by providing mentoring, direction, support, continual coaching, and performance feedback.
• Participates and represents the organization at various networking and community events.
• Participate in the partner onboarding and recap process.
• Collaboration with team members and department leaders to identify and grow prospect lists.
• Gameday responsibilities include activation, client entertainment, and contract fulfillment.
• Conducts business during non-traditional hours, interact with clients and prospects during events.
• Contribute to event planning and execution of partner-sponsored events.
• Collaborate with the Ticketing and Premium Seating teams to maximize qualified prospects.
• Will accept other responsibilities and duties required by the supervisor consistent with the objectives and essential functions of this position. Such responsibilities shall be incorporated into the position description if they are ongoing.
• Must be accurate and efficient with ability to meet deadlines.
• Must be detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
• The ability to gather and analyze information skillfully and develop solutions quickly and effectively.
• Will adjust work schedule to meet departmental demands.
• Will keep appropriate information confidential.
• B.S. in Marketing, Business, Sports Management or related field, advanced degree a plus.
• Minimum, 5-7 years of experience working in business development, entertainment or related industry.
• Experience working with a professional sports team in a high volume and large investment product environment is preferred; NFL experience preferred.
• Strength in prioritization, meeting deadlines and managing projects from inception to completion.
• Creative problem solver with an understanding of business trends and how to differentiate the approach.
• Ability to multi-task and effectively adjust to rapidly changing market and business conditions.
• Experience networking with key decision makers and C level executives.
• Results driven and demonstrate a competitive nature with the ability to deliver consistently.
• Ability to maintain confidentially and accept additional responsibilities/duties as needed.
• Works well in a proactive selling environment and has proven success in building productive sale teams.
• Exceptional organizational, planning, project management, time management and administrative ability.
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, superior presentation/negotiating skills and ability to communicate effectively with prospects, customers and internal colleagues.
• Highly motivated strategic professional and cultural leader.
• Experience with CRM systems, Microsoft Dynamics CRM experience preferred.
• Working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
• Flexibility in working extended hours including nights, weekends, and holidays as required.
• Willingness to travel, including weekends, and work out of both the Ford Field Management Office and the Allen Park Training Facility.
To apply for this job, send an email to email@example.com. Please include the job title in your cover letter.