The Oakland Raiders’ rich history began in 1960 when the city of Oakland was awarded a franchise in the American Football League. In 1963, Al Davis was named the head coach and the league’s youngest ever general manager, establishing a historic culture that has remained with the Raiders to this day.
Whether it was changing the team colors to silver and black, innovating on the field with an exciting “vertical game”, or articulating the team’s values - "Pride and Poise", "Commitment to Excellence" and "Just Win, Baby" – Davis led the team to revered heights, including 15 total Division Championships, 5 total Conference Championships, 1 American Football League Championship and 3 Super Bowl Championships.
One of the most recognizable brands in professional sports, the Raiders organization is now in the midst of a transformational period. This transition brings exciting opportunities to the franchise’s future.
The Oakland Raiders are seeking a highly motivated and dynamic individual to serve as the Director of Community Relations. This position will be based out of the offices in Las Vegas, NV. The Raiders Community Relations Department is dedicated to making a difference in the community. The department strives to promote the Raiders brand by enriching the lives of others through outreach programs, initiatives and partnerships. Reporting to the Vice President of Community Relations, the Director of Community Relations is directly responsible for all operational elements within the department, staffing, event development and management, vendor relationships and inventory control.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Lead and Manage Community Relations Department:
• Manage and develop Community Relations staff and Raiders Ambassadors.
• Develop high performance team to be diligent and transparent in their work in both the Oakland and Las Vegas markets.
• Oversee annual budget and execute sound financial practices.
• Maintain and enhance partnerships, collaborations, and strategic alliances that advance the mission of the Raiders organization and Community Relations Department.
• Work closely with the Raiders Foundation and other departments within the organization to create holistic partnerships that make an impact.
• Develop goals, metrics, and processes for measuring performance for the Community Relations Department programs.
• Maintain accurate and efficient system of program reporting to reflect investment impact.
• Oversee events and programs including player events, Raider Nation on Location, Raider Rusher, and all game day logistics for the Raiders Rookie Kid Zones.
• Establish standard for best practices for all player appearances and events.
• Collaborate with the National Football League on opportunities, programs, and resources.
• Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree preferred.
• Five years of management and experience in program implementation.
• Demonstrated ability to drive diversified, scalable and sustainable programs.
• Strong strategic planning experience; experience in translating strategies into concrete action plans; ability to balance strategy, execution, and accountability.
• A strong understanding of the professional sports business, including the importance of working with current and former professional athletes.
• Knowledge of Salesforce.
• Outstanding verbal, writing, presentation, time management, and organizational skills.
• Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment and deliver effective turnkey solutions in a limited timeframe.
• High professional and ethical standards for handling confidential information.
• Must be willing to travel as needed.
• Must be available to work extended hours including nights, weekends, and holidays.
To apply for this job, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job title in your cover letter.