This position will focus on driving new corporate partnership revenue and growing existing partnership accounts for Seattle Sounders FC. This role requires a strategic-minded individual who is passionate about sales, building impactful, objective-focused partnerships, and displays a positive, collaborative attitude that is line with the club’s vision, values, and objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Demonstrate a superior understanding of corporate partnership fundamentals such as category knowledge, prospecting, proposal development, inventory management and activation
• Prospect, develop and close new corporate partnership revenue
• Develop strong relationships with existing accounts and demonstrate an ability to grow these accounts at the time of renewal
• Meet & exceed individual new revenue, retention, and expense management goals thereby contributing to departmental budget goals
• Collaborate effectively with other Sounders FC departments to develop impactful sales strategy and marketing campaigns that deliver on the partner’s objectives
• Work alongside partnership marketing account managers to assist in developing and executing a meaningful activation plan that will exceed partner expectations and positively impact retention rates
• Maintain current, accurate, and detailed sales history records in CRM for all partners and prospects
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Able to work independently and prioritize
• Able to work as part of a team, including project management skills
• Consistently high level of attention to detail
• Strong relationship building skills
• Able to think strategically, including assessment of long term implications of current choices and decisions
• Able to draft strong, professional written proposals with little oversight or supervision
• A team player who thrives in a collaborative environment
• Innovative and creative thinker, able to contribute ideas and participate in marketing efforts in the department and across the organization
• Excellent cultural fit with the values of the organization, with a prior history of community involvement desired
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university
• Minimum of three to five years of successful, comparable experience in any of the following industries: sponsorships, sports/event marketing, media sales. Prior sales experience in sports preferred.
• Proven track record of closing new business, exceeding sales performance goals, and a focus on cultivating relationships.
Language Skills: Strong, positive communication skills to both internal constituents and external clients is required. Individual must be able to express their ideas clearly both orally and in writing.
Mathematical Skills: Individual must have a command for basic accounting principles to perform budgetary management.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to prioritize a multitude of duties, adjusting to constant change and alterations
• Adapt to extended work hours in excess of the standard (40) per week
• Attend all Seattle Sounders FC home matches
• Be available for road travel – business trips, MLS meetings, road matches, etc.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Seattle Sounders FC strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
To apply for this job, send an email to email@example.com. Please include the job title in your cover letter.